I encourage everyone who’s a Pennsylvania resident to enter some of their braided rugs in the farm show. It promotes rug braiding, and shows off our talents!
Here are instructions:
- Must be a Pennsylvania resident.
- Entry by Dec 15 is encouraged. It costs $1 for each item entered. If you register after Dec 15, it is $2/item.
- All entries must have been created in the past year.
- Only one rug per category: one rug, one basket, one creative use of fiber, etc.
- Can’t use an entry for more than one category.
102nd Pennsylvania Farm Show: January 6-13, 2018
- Under “Exhibitors” box, click on Forms and Registration.
- In side bar on right, find the heading, “Online Registration.” Click on “Commodities, Family Living & Square Dance Registration.”
- A Welcome page will come up, with a bar across the top with steps. Click on Step 1’s circle: Register.
- Fill in your first name, last name, and click on, “I am a new exhibitor or have yet to register this year.” Then hit “Continue” at the bottom.
- Complete registration information, and enter a password twice. (Write it down). In: “Pay premiums to…” you just enter your name. Date of birth is in month/day/year format: _ _/_ _/_ _ _ _ . Leave farm name, stalling request blank. Click continue.
- The next page is just a review to make sure you entered everything correctly. Click continue.
- Choose a Department: 24: Family Living.
Division will pop up: FL 14: Crafts
FL14: #412 Braided Rugs (no larger than 4’ X 6’)
FL14: #418 Creative Use of Fabrics and Fibers
FL14: #427 Baskets made of manufactured materials (fabric)
and/or: FL 19: Hobbies.
FL19: #862 Large Tote bag (larger than 10” X 12” X 2”)
FL19: #863 Small tote bag (smaller than 10” X 12” X 2”)
FL19: #905 Pot Holder: Hand Constructed
Click on one of the following (example: “#905, Hand constructed pot holder”), then enter a brief description in the box at the bottom. Leave “Club” blank – this is for 4H clubs.
Then click on “Add different entry” at the bottom, and the same page will appear for you to enter the next rug.
When you are finished entering all rugs, click “Continue.”
8: Review of Cart. This page will list all of your entries, and you have to pay $1 for each one
9. The remainder is check out and payment via credit card.
They will mail you pre-printed entry tags after you register. These must accompany your rugs.
Pack items in boxes with a master list* attached inside the box. Different divisions must be packed in separate boxes. A box tag* must be on the outside of each box. (* these forms available on website). A General Entry Blank* must be filled out for each item.
On the back of each item submitted: sew a piece of cloth on which you have written: name, address, zip code, county.
Shipments: Show Manager, Family Living, Pennsylvania State Farm Show, Farm Show Complex, 2300 N. Cameron St., Harrisburg, PA 17110-9443.
Entries Will Be Accepted from 10:00 A.M. To 6:00 P.M. Thursday, January 4, 2018
Pick up: Saturday, January 13, between 5 pm and 7 pm.
I plan to be a pick up person. I’m hoping someone else will be a drop-off person!